This is a place to put all the crazy bits of information I tend to collect and bother others with! Ohh - don't use the AOL addy to email me - that is my 'name' - emails come to eilismaura@yahoo.com

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Cooking update

I did get some cooking done despite the fatigue and did not manage to ruin anything!

So this is what I learned:

SPAM fried with teriyaki sauce is not too bad - but I am glad I started with a single serving and not a whole can of the stuff.

I LOVE usuyaki tamago. I made some in one of those silicone shapes (like slice of bread) and had it cold the next day. Next is to learn to make thicker servings of it like those shown here:

http://cloud9food.blogspot.com/2008/09/how-to-make-tamagoyaki-rolled-omelette.html

The image “http://lh6.ggpht.com/cloud9life/SMjNsWmQLjI/AAAAAAAAAkM/-wjwss6QSbs/s800/tamago5.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
CLOUD9FOOD has some great information and lovely examples of bento boxes - the tamagoyaki is just a small sample!


My husband came one yesterday with a boatload of fresh vegetables from the Farmers Market on 14th Street in NYC. Carrots (orange and yellow), potatoes, onions, mushrooms, lettuce, brussel sprouts (on the stem!) and I forget what else.

My failure for the weekend is no menu planning - really need to work on that and balancing activities.

Hope you had a good weekend!

No comments: