Ok - so this is how I have been coping.
I tried taking pictures with my cell phone - they are crummy and I can't get them off the damn thing!!!
I focused on trying new foods - mango mochi, Sharon Fruit, kumquats and Lady apples. The only thing I hated was the kumquats but now I am going to look at some recipes to make with them so they don't go to waste.
The Five Week Bento Challenge ends today. It is sad to see a good thing end.
I have used the 5 weeks to explore the whole idea of bento style eating, learning to use new items, learning to use old items in new ways and trying new foods. It has been a GREAT 5 weeks.
Here is how my week 5 goals worked out:
- sort bento ACCESSORIES and plan to use more of them - ongoing and some were weeded out for a bento swap!!
- look into new things to try like furikake from samples on hand - done and I did NOT like anyone of them - I think I will not pursue this further.
- pre-plan the bentos and other meals for 7 days ON PAPER OR AT LEAST ON THE PC - done and on paper!!! YEAH!!!!!!!
- refine mise en place according to meal plans - on going and also laying out mise en place for husband and son for meals they make themselves
- make at least 4 bentos and photograph them - 3 bentos made and photographed - can't get the pictures off the damn camera!!
- post here and write a report on my adventures! - DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!