This is a place to put all the crazy bits of information I tend to collect and bother others with! Ohh - don't use the AOL addy to email me - that is my 'name' - emails come to eilismaura@yahoo.com

Saturday, March 14, 2009

OMG!!!! Our Boy Scout troop is going back to West Point!

I just looked at the information for the annual Scoutmasters Camporee and I was pleasantly surprised to find out troop on the invitation list!


The boys are going to be so pleased!!

Until they start Bull Hill Run that is! The following is from the camporee's FAQ page


"The information packet describes the Bull Hill Hike as "particularly challenging for younger scouts." How should I take that as SM? Should I let my 11 and 12 year olds try it? What kind of support system is there if a boy cannot finish it and he's halfway through it?
Encourage your younger Scouts to participate! Unless they are physically injured upon arrival to the Camporee, they should do the hike. There is no time limit, but we require Scout troops to stay together during the hike for accountability purposes. There is approx. 1/2 mile of rocky uphill terrain and 1/4 mile of rocky downhill terrain. Any motivated Scout who wants to finish it, will finish it. Our trail staff will have vehicles operating along the trail. If a Scout becomes injured our physically unable to continue, we can transport that Scout (with an Adult leader) to their Camp Site at Lake Frederick or seek medical attention if needed."

No comments: