This is a place to put all the crazy bits of information I tend to collect and bother others with! Ohh - don't use the AOL addy to email me - that is my 'name' - emails come to eilismaura@yahoo.com

Thursday, October 23, 2008

I am back and getting ready to restart things!!

Camping was great - weather was cool but clear and the food the mess cabin offered was great!

Turnout for the event may not have been what the council had hoped for but some years are like that. If this works you should find photos from the event here: View Photos, including those of the fireworks.

I think I need a 12 step program for bento boxes but that will be for another post. Cute and matching is affecting me - something that is not a concern in any other area!

I am amazed how easy it is to get used to smaller portions since starting to use bento boxes. Today I made a very simple breakfast bento (picture to come when I find the cord for downloading from the camera). I am writing after fixing a light lunch of pancake and diced pears. This should hold me till time for mid afternoon snack/meal. My doctors would be so proud!

I am finding the problem with pre-made items is creeping in. The frozen curry beef pilaf and the frozen fried rice I purchased at the Asian market are not going to be used again BUT I will learn to make my own (or some variation of them).

Today's experiment will be to make turkey cutlet tonkutsu (my Bull Dog sauce bottle at the ready!). I plan to serve it with mashed potatoes and asparagus for dinner. Wish me luck!

I am off to go do some more bits - still have stuff to unload from the camping trip - so have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: